Washburn Mills Chickpea Rotini Pasta with Lentils
- This wonderful pasta is truly aldente' when cooked.
- It holds up well in creamy casseroles.
- It can pass for regular pasta in any recipe. Like Creamy Zucchini Pasta.
- Try it with your favorite marinara, in soups, salads, or alone with a little Earth Balance and garlic salt. Umm Umm!
Trader Joe's Organic Tomato Basil Marinara
- Why make homemade marinara when you can get this one for $2.29 a jar at Trader Joe's?
- It is the only marinara I've every bought that I didn't have to spruce up with more seasonings.
- I use it atop lentil pasta, in my Eggplant Non-Parm, and any recipe calling for spaghetti sauce.
Aldi's live G free French Fried Onions
- These are from Aldi's grocery store. They are even better than the traditional French fried onions you are used to. They are breaded with buckwheat flour.
- Buckwheat isn't actually wheat. It is a gluten-free grain that is a source of complete protein.
- The ingredients are onions, vegetable oil, buckwheat and salt. That's it!
- Try these as a salad or soup topping or use them as a topping for my Creamy Vegetable Casserole. Yum!
Edward & Sons Not-Beef and Not-Chicken
- These magic cubes are indispensable in vegan cooking. They turn blah vegetables into a gourmet treat. I buy them by the case.
- They can be found at any health food store, Amazon.com, Jet.com, or Vitacost.com.
- Add half or one whole cube to canned beans. Add two cubes to a package of frozen lima beans, black eyed peas, or field peas with snaps. Add 3+ to homemade soups and chili. Replace any kind of broth with these.
Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Honey Mints
- What's not to love about a creamy confection with 3 healthy ingredients and 47 calories!
- These have chocolate liquor which is simply complete chocolate, cocoa powder and cocoa butter combined.
- The other two ingredients are honey and peppermint oil.
Daiya Cheese-like Product
- Tastes and melts like real cheese
- No soy or dairy
- Contains coconut oil, tapioca and potato starch
- Available in cheddar, pepper jack, and mozzarella style shreds and cheddar and provolone style slices
Trader Joe's Green Jackfruit in Brine
- I have gotten this at an Asian market in Asheville but the quality was poor.
- Jackfruit is an Asian delight that is found canned in brine or syrup.
- You definitely want it canned in brine to make "pulled pork" barbecue (vegan).
- Just follow the instructions here and you will have a quick and delicious meal that is also healthy and low calorie. Enjoy!
Orgain Organic Protein Powder
- 21g vegan protein per serving
- source of omega 3, flavonoids, polyphenols, carotenoids
- blends well with fruit, almond milk and ice
- available in vanilla or chocolate
- more here
Metabolic Maintenance Vitamin D3 + K2, 25,000iu
- Take twice a week
- Achieve optimal blood levels of Vitamin D in a few days
- Most important in winter months
- Absolute necessity in necessity in northern latitudes
- Read more here
Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes Fire Roasted
- These are a staple in my pantry.
- They are a key ingredient in my veggie Chili, Lentil Tacos, and Vegetable Soup.
- Any recipe that calls for canned tomatoes gets these.
- The smokey flavor makes any dish more comforting and hardy.
Moser Roth Dark 85% Cocoa Chocolate Bars
- I eat a half-ounce of this chocolate everyday! Like wine, chocolate tastes different depending on where it is grown. Some chocolate is more fruity, or bitter, or even sweeter just depending on the source. This one is just right. Chop some up in my Chunky Monkey i-scream.
- Chocolate is great for increasing blood flow to the heart and brain.
- Another benefit of this Moser Roth chocolate is that it comes in 70% cocoa also. These 125g bars are available at Aldi's for $2.15!