Sweet Endurance Crackers
• 1/2 cup chia seeds
• 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
• 1/2 cup pepita seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
• 1/2 cup sesame seeds
• 1 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
• 1 cup Rolled oats
• 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well to combine
3. Allow the mixture to sit until all the water is absorbed. About 15 minutes.
4. With the spatula (and a hand, if necessary), spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in two small rectangles, about 12x7 inches each and 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle additional salt on top.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully flip each rectangle with a spatula. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes more, until lightly golden around the edges. Watch closely near the end to make sure they don’t burn. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes on the pan and then break the rectangles into crackers and let cool completely on the pan. Store in an airtight container or jar on the counter for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze the crackers in freezer bags for up to 1 month.
6. Let these sit in the warm oven or lower heat as much as possible to get them completely dehydrated.
7. Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/01/31/endurance-crackers/#ixzz48ug6bmx1
There is a garlic version of these crackers but I like these best. They are only barely sweet and are delicious on their own or with spreads or dips.
Recipe Source: Ohsheglows