Roasted Brussels Sprouts Sweet Potato
With Tahini Dressing
• 3 cups Brussels sprouts washed, tailed and halved
• 1 large sweet potato (roughly 2-3 cup) peeled and cubed
• 8-10 large stalks of kale
• 2 tbsp tahini paste
• 2 tbsp water
• 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp pecan roughly chopped
• 2 tbsp dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C/ 350 F.
2. On a prepared baking tray spread out the sweet potato and Brussels sprouts. Arrange the Brussels sprouts cut-side-down.
3. Season the vegetables and toss in some coconut oil.
4. Roast the vegetables for 35-45 minutes by which time they should be crispy on the outside and tender inside.
5. To prepare the kale cut the kale away from the central stalk and discard the stalk.
6. Cut the kale into bite-sized pieces.
7. Now for the fun part; massaging the kale! (Believe me, you need to do this, this step is not optional!)
8. To massage your kale just scrunch up handfuls of kale and release.
9. Continue to do this for about 1-2 minutes by which time your kale should have transformed from light green and hard to tender and dark green. (Magic!)
10. Combine the tahini paste, water, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard, mix well, and season with salt and pepper.
11. In your serving bowl place the kale and roasted vegetables, drizzle the dressing over, and scatter with the pecans and cranberries.
I sprayed my veggies with olive oil and salted them.
Recipe Source: Thegoodfoodgoddess