• 12 ounces (340 g) fresh or frozen cranberries*
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh-squeezed orange juice* (about 1 large orange)
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) grade A maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Optional add-ins: ½ teaspoon orange zest, cinnamon stick, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, chopped pecans, blueberries, etc.
1. Add all ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring the mixture frequently to ensure nothing burns or sticks to the pan. The filling is “done” once it has thickened and most of the cranberries have popped.
2. Use a fork or potato masher to pop the remainder of the cranberries, if desired. Let cool completely before serving as desired; leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to one week.
Recipe Source: From my bowl