Colorful Roasted Beet and Sweet Potato Salad
• 1 medium beet washed, peeled, and diced
• 1 cup butternut squash or sweet potato peeled and diced
• 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
• 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
• 1/4 cup dried cranberries
• 1/4 cup dried apricots diced
• 6 generous handfuls mixed baby greens or spinach
• Cooking oil spray
*Agave Dijon Vinaigrette
• 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
• 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking oil. Spread even layer of diced beets and sweet potato or squash. Bake for about 30 mins. until tender and edges are brown.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, add all dressing ingredients to mixing bowl; whisk until well combined. Set aside.
4. Place mixed greens into large bowl; toss with about half of the dressing. Layer the greens with the roasted vegetables, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and dried apricots. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
I roasted extra veggies. Used sweet potato instead of squash. I drizzled the veggies with olive oil and tossed to coat. They would probably be just as good steamed without oil. The dressing is delicious but I prefer the simple dressing below. Very pretty salad. I would serve it to company.
*I prefer this quick and simple tahini dressing for this salad
2 tbsp tahini paste
2 tbsp water
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Recipe Source: Meat out Monday’s