Carob Almond Freezer Fudge
By Angela Liddon
Ready in 30 minutes, this carob freezer fudge is low in sugar while still tasting quite decadent. Feel free to change up the nut butter, sweetener, and mix-ins as you see fit. The coconut oil is necessary in this recipe though as it helps solidify the fudge when chilled. It melts quickly so be sure to enjoy it straight from the freezer and don't let it sit on the counter for more than a couple minutes.
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup creamy natural almond butter (roasted or raw are both fine)
1/4 cup carob powder, sifted
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice), to taste
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8-1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1/2 cup gluten-free rice crisp cereal (to add crunch - optional)
1. Line a very small loaf pan (4" x 8") with plastic wrap for easy removal.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
3. With a spatula, scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out.
4. Freeze for about 20 minutes, or until solid.
5. Slice into squares and enjoy! Store leftovers in a container in the freezer as it melts quickly at room temperature.