Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas
• 1 Large sweet potato, peeled, cubed 1/2”
• 2 Red Bell Peppers, 1” dice
• 1 Tbsp Evoo
• Salt & Pepper
• 3 Tbsp Gluten free flour
• 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
• 1 tsp Smoked paprika
• 1 tsp Ground Cumin Seed
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
• Pinch Cinnamon
• 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
• 2 cups Vegetable Broth
• 3 Tbsp Evoo
• 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• Black Pepper
• 2 cans Black Beans, drained, rinsed
• 1/3 cup Tofu sour cream , more for serving
• 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
• Black Pepper
• 8 Sprouted corn tortillas
• 1 cup Diaya shredded mozzarella/cheddar combo
• 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds raw
• 1 Avocado
• Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Toss potatoes and peppers on evoo and salt and pepper.
Roast on a sheet pan 40-45 min.
2. Meanwhile make enchilada sauce. Measure out all ingredients in small bowls so the sauce comes together quickly.
In a small saucepan, warm the oil over medium heat until a pinch of flour sizzles. Add the flour and spices whisking constantly until fragrant and slightly browned. About 1 min. Whisk in tomato paste then slowly whisk in broth. Whisk till there are no lumps.
Increase heat to med high and bring mic to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer whisking often until mixture thickens slightly. 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in vinegar salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. For the filling , In a medium bowl combine beans sour cream, and roasted veggies. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour 1/4 cup of sauce into a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Swirl dish to coat the bottom with sauce.
To assemble enchiladas, spread 1/2 c (or less depending on the size of tortilla) of filling down the middle of a tortilla then wrap one side over then the other. Place in dish seam-side down. Repeat until dish is full or ingredients are used.
Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas leaving ends exposed.
Sprinkle on the cheeze then pumpkin seeds.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes in 400 degree oven.
Remove and let sit for 10 min.
Serve with sliced avocado and tofu sour cream.
Add a dash of cumin, smoked salt, and chili powder to the bean mix. Also, a little cilantro.
Definitely double the sauce recipe and freeze the extra for later. Will make the second batch super simple.
Recipe Source: Adapted from “Love Real Food”