Yellow Curry with Jackfruit
• 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Medium Eggplant , diced
• 1 Medium potato , diced
• 1 Bunch green onions, chopped
• 1 Medium carrot, sliced
• 1 Small bell pepper, chopped
• 1 cup Veggie broth, more if needed
• 1 1/2 cup Frozen green peas
• 1 can Jackfruit in brine, drained and shredded
• 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp Cumin
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric
• 1 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
• 1 can Coconut milk
1. Sauté eggplant, pepper, white and light green parts of onions (save the green parts for garnish), potato, and carrots using 1 T olive oil in a non-stick deep skillet with a lid to preserve the water from the veggies.
2. Add veggie broth to prevent sticking. Let the veggies cook in the broth with the lid on the skillet until they are tender. Add the peas and jackfruit and continue cooking until they are done.
3. Add spices and coconut milk and continue simmering with the lid on until all the veggies are cooked.
4. Serve over brown jasmine rice.
Recipe Source: Kristi@kristiwhitley.com