Gluten-free Vegan Biscuits
from Kristi Whitley
1 Silicone muffin Pan
3/4 cup Nondairy milk
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour, I prefer Trader Joe's, if your blend has xantham gum omit the flax meal
1 cup Almond flour
1 Tbsp Coconut sugar
1 Tbsp Flax meal
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
4 Tbsp Vegan butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix milk, flax meal and vinegar and set aside
3. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk or fork.
4. Cut cold vegan butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter or clean hands. Mixture should be a large crumble. Add the milk and stir to combine.
5. If you don’t use a silicone muffin Pan, these biscuits flatten out. Fill the muffin cups no more than 3/4 of the way full. Makes 6-8 biscuits.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden on the top.
ALLOW TO COOL FOR 10 minutes! They will be firm enough to cut in half.