Savory bread pudding
Adapted from Ina Garten
• 4 cups Bread cubes
• 2 Tbsp Earth Balance
• 1-2 oz Fakin bacon tempeh, diced
• 1 Yellow onion, diced
• 3/4 cup Diced celery
• 1/2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled chopped
• 1/4 Sherry
• 1 Tbsp Minced fresh rosemary
• Black pepper
• 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
• 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
• 1 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
• 3/4 cup Not chicken broth
• 1 cup Diaya mozz shreds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan; bake for 20 min, tossing once, until lightly browned. Set aside
2. Heat butter in a sauté pan over med heat. Add tempeh and cook till browned. Add onions celery and apple and cook for 8-10 min. Stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender. Stir in sherry, Rosemary, 1/2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper. Cook for 5 min. Until most of the most of the liquid is gone. Off the heat stir in parsley.
3. Place chia seeds in 1/2 cup of warm water and set aside.
4. Place coconut milk into small sauce pan and heat on low stirring constantly until fat is melted and milk is warm.
5. In a very large bowl place chia mixture, milk, broth, 1/2 cup of the cheese and whisk together.
6. Add bread and sautéed vegetables to the bowl and stir gently to coat the bread.
Let sit for 30 min so bread can soak up the custard.
7. Place into 6x9 baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 50-60 min until top is browned and a knife comes out clean.