Rice Crispy Treats Vegan
• 1 packed cup soft Medjool Dates, pitted
• 1/2 cup Tahini
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 4+ cups Crispy Rice Cereal
• Optional: 3.5 – 5 oz Vegan Chocolate, melted
1. Add the Dates, Tahini, Vanilla Extract, and Salt to a Food Processor or Blender. Combine until a thick, even paste is formed – it will not be sticky to the touch.
2. Transfer the paste to a large bowl, then add 2 cups of Crispy Rice Cereal. Knead the Cereal into the paste using your hands. Once evenly incorporated, continue to add in Cereal in 1/2 cup to 1 cup increments. I needed around 4 cups of Cereal in total; this allowed all of the Cereal pieces to be coated with a thin layer of the paste, but not too much.
3. Line a 8×8″ pan with parchment paper, then press the Rice Crispy Mixture into it. Cover with another layer of Parchment Paper and “punch” the Cereal down until it is really compact and evenly spread.
4. Top with Melted Chocolate, if desired. Remove from the pan, use a sharp knife to cut into squares, and enjoy! Store in a container with a loose lid at room temperature for up to 6 days.
ONLY USE FRESH SOFT DATES WITH PITS. I tried using old dried up dates and added water to the mix. It made the crispy rice mushy.
Recipe Source: Adapted from From my bowl