Pumpkin Bread Pudding
• 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
• 1 1/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
• ½ cup 100% maple syrup
• 2 Tbsp Earth Balance buttery spread
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon Chia seed
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
• 8 slices stale whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
• 1/4 cup golden raisins
• 1/2 cup Chopped pecans
• 1/4 cup Dried shredded coconut
• Whiskey sauce:
• Earth Balance Coconut Spread
• Maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Have ready an 8 x 8-inch nonstick or silicone baking pan.
2. In a blender mix all ingredients from pumpkin down to pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a large bowl add bread cubes, pecans, coconut and raisins.
4. Pour the blended mixture over the bread mixture and fold together until the bread is all saturated.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and firm to the touch. Serve warm, drizzled with whiskey sauce.
6. For the whiskey sauce: mix earth balance coconut butter spread, maple syrup, and whiskey or rum in equal parts in a sauce pan. Heat and whisk until all are well blended.