Potato Breakfast Casserole
• 4 Medium russet potatoes
• 1/2 Large sweet onion
• 1/2 Large bell pepper, red
• 1/4 Flour, spelt, gluten free, garbanzo etc.
• 1 can Chickpeas
• 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning, or salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper to taste
• 4 Strips Faking bacon tempeh
1. Preheat oven and large iron skillet to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare food processor with shredding blade with the large size up. Shred the potatoes, onions and peppers. Place the chicks that won’t shred onto a cutting board and chop finely.
3. Empty food processor contents into a large mixing bowl. Add canned chickpeas with liquid. Sprinkle with flour and spices. Toss well to distribute juices and flour evenly.
4. Coat skillet with 1 T coconut oil. Pour potato mixture into skillet. Spray the top of the mixture with olive oil spray.
Bake for 45-60 minutes.
I always use the convection setting on my oven so my cook time may be faster than yours. My casserole was done in 45 minutes.
This would also make a great side dish for roasted portobello mushrooms.
Recipe Source: Kristi Whitley