Polenta Crostini With Chickpea Pesto
• 2 (18-ounce) packages pre-cooked, tube-style polenta
• 1 small tomato, cut into ¼-inch dice (1 cup)
• 1 small wedge of onion, cut into ¼-inch dice (¼ cup)
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• CHICKPEA PESTO
• 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (3/4 cup)
• 1 cup packed fresh basil
• 1 small clove garlic
• 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
• Sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To make Polenta Crostini, slice the polenta on the bias into ½-inch thick slices. Arrange the polenta slices on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until light brown around the edges.
3. In a bowl, mix together the tomato, onion, and basil; set aside.
4. To make Chickpea Pesto, combine the chickpeas, basil, garlic, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste into the bowl of a food processor and pulse into a smooth, spreadable texture.
5. To serve, spread pesto over each polenta slice, then top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
This pesto is delicious on sandwiches or Fritos too!
Recipe Source: Forks over knives