Neat Balls (and Spaghetti)
• 2 cup Cooked lentils
• 1 1/2 cup Cooked brown rice,( I like a mixture of brown rice varieties)
• 1/2 cup Dry rolled oats
• 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts
• Olive oil for sautéing, or water for oil-free
• 1/2 Large sweet onion , chopped
• 1 Large carrot, chopped
• 8 oz pkg Mushrooms, chopped
• 1 tsp Smoked Sea Salt
• 1/2 tsp Ground pepper
• 1Pinch Red pepper flakes
• 1 Tbsp Italian herb season
• 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Make flax egg and set aside.
2. Chop veggies in food processor to save time. U will need processor for final mix anyway. No need to rinse between steps.
3. Add a drizzle of oil or a little water to a large skillet and add chopped veggies. Sauté until tender.
4. Add rice, oats, walnuts tomato paste, spices and flax egg to food processor and pulse to blend. Don't over do it.
5. Add cooked veggies and half the lentils. Pulse to blend. Add remaining lentils and pulse just enough to incorporate. You want this mixture a little chunky for texture.
6. Pat the mixture down into a non-stick muffin tin or loaf pan.
7. Cook for 30 min at 350.
8. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce atop a serving of lentil pasta.
Recipe Source: Kristi Whitley