Lentil Enchilada Pasta
From Forks Over Knives
• 12 ounces penne (or pasta of choice)
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ cup diced red onion
• 1 stalk celery, diced
• ½ cup diced red bell pepper
• 1¼ cup vegetable broth, divided
• 1 jar (18.3-ounce) crushed tomatoes (about 2¼ cups)
• 2 cups cooked lentils
• ¼ cup nutritional yeast
• 2 tablespoons whole-grain flour, or as needed to thicken
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• ½ to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon fine pink Himalayan salt
• ¼ tsp paprika
• Dash of cayenne pepper
• Fresh black pepper, to taste
• ½ cup cilantro
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
2. Place the garlic, onion, celery, and bell pepper in a medium pot with ⅓ cup water and ¼ cup broth. Cook over medium until the onion and celery are translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, lentils, nutritional yeast, flour, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, turn to low and cook 8 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and mix in pasta and cilantro.
5. Serve with fresh greens and top with avocado and a sprinkle of paprika and nutritional yeast.