Lemon Cranberry & Pistachio Cashew Cheese Ball
From the Plant Strong Vegan
• 3 cups Raw Cashews, soaked 2-4 hours*
• ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
• 3 tbsp Coconut Oil, solid
• ¼ cup Lemon Juice
• 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
• ⅓ cup Pistachios, crushed (to coat)
• ⅓ cup dried Cranberries, roughly chopped (to coat)
• Water, as needed to blend (1 tbsp max.)
• Pinch of Salt
1. Prep ahead by soaking your raw cashews in water, overnight is best but 2-4 hours is sufficient enough.
2. Measure and add everything into a food processor (minus the cranberries & pistachios), pulsing until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
3. Scoop mixture into the center of plastic wrap and twist to form a ball. Chill for 1-2 hours. You can divide the cashew cheese into two for smaller portions.
4. Remove from the fridge and roll in a mixture of dried cranberries and crushed pistachios, until completely covered.
5. Cover again with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
7. Will keep for up to 7-10 days, wrapped and refrigerated.