• 1 cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup applesauce
• 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
• 2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
• 1 cup Whole grain spelt
• 1 cup Organic cornmeal plain
• 1 tsp Sea Salt
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 jalapeño, diced (or add to taste)
• 1 can of sweet corn, drained
• 1 Tbsp Coconut oil , for the skillet
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Preheat a 10" iron skillet in the oven.
4. In a small bowl combine the apple cider vinegar and the milk, and let sit
5. In a separate small bowl, mix together the applesauce, oil, and syrup.
6. In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (not including the corn or jalapeño).
7. Add the applesauce to the milk mixture and gently combine. Then add the dry ingredients to fully combine. Careful to not over mix. Then add in the corn and jalapeño.
8. Pour batter into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out smoothly, with no batter sticking to it.
9. Once done baking, let cool slightly, and serve warm.
Find more simple and fun vegan recipes
Recipe Source: Adapted fromMeat out Monday's