• 2-20 oz. cans jackfruit in water or brine
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
• BBQ sauce (your favorite store bought or homemade)
• Buns, tortillas, or lettuce leaves for serving
1. Saute onions, peppers, and mushrooms in a little oil or water.
2. Drain and the jackfruit, and separate into shreds with hands. Add to vegetables in skillet. Saute the mixture until a little dry.
3. Add barbecue sauce in whatever amount you like. ( I like a lot of Sweet Baby Ray's even tho it's poison!)
Jackfruit Bbq Slaw
• 4 cups Shredded cabbage, mix purple and green
• 1 Bunch Green onions
• 1 Apple, Fuji
• 1/2 cup Vegan mayo
• 2 Tbsp Umi plum vinegar
• 2 tsp Dried dill
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp Pepper
• Dash Hot sauce, to taste
• Sprinkle Stevia, to taste
1. Slice cabbage thin with knife or Slicing blade of food processor. Add to a large plastic container or ziplock bag.
2. Chop green onions and add to cabbage.
Chop apple in small matchstick size. Add to cabbage.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a mason jar.
When ready to serve, toss the desired amount of cabbage mix with the desired amount of dressing. Store the cabbage and dressing separately in the fridge. Just toss together as needed.
This slaw is delicious atop jackfruit barbecue wraps, burgers, tacos, or sliders. The sweet and crunch compliment the tangy spicy barbecue perfectly.
Recipe Source: Kristi