Instant Pot Potato Yellow Curry
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 4 large cloves Garlic, chopped finely
• 5 cups Baby Potatoes
• 2 tablespoons curry powder
• 2 cups water
• 2 cups Fresh green beans, chopped into 1” pieces
• 1 can coconut milk , full fat or light
• 1 tablespoon sugar (optional but recommended)
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes or a small fresh chili chopped (optional but recommended)
• 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder , or corn starch
1. nstant Pot is a 6 quart. If yours is a different size you will need to scale the recipe up or down accordingly).
2. Set your instant pot to saute. Once hot, add a few drops of water and cook the onions until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for one minute longer. Press the KEEP WARM/CANCEL button.
3. (This sautéing step adds a little more flavour but you can skip it if you are short on time.)
4. Add everything else to the Instant Pot except the green beans and arrowroot/cornstarch.
5. Set the Instant Pot to 20 minutes on MANUAL high pressure and allow the pressure to release naturally after this time.
6. Press KEEP WARM/CANCEL, remove the lid and press SAUTE. Put the arrowroot/cornstarch into a small bowl or cup and mix into it a few tablespoons of water to make a thickish but pourable slurry. Pour it into the Instant Pot stirring as you go.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste then add the green beans and cook for about 5 minutes until they are tender and the gravy has thickened.
8. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: A virtual vegan