Instant Pot Red Beans And Rice
• 1 lb dried red beans
• 1 large onion , chopped
• 5 garlic cloves , minced
• 2 stalks celery , chopped
• 1 tsp Creole Seasoning
• 4 bay leaves
• 1 Tbsp dried thyme
• 2 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp Tabasco
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp ground allspice
• 1 tsp black pepper
• ¼ tsp cayenne
• 1 bunch scallions , thinly sliced (greens only)
• 1 bunch Italian parsley , finely chopped (divided)
• 1 tsp salt
1. Add onions to Instant Pot and season with creole seasoning. Sauté in water until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and celery and cook until translucent.
3. Add the beans to the Instant Pot and enough water to cover, about 4 cups. Add bay leaves, thyme, oregano, Tabasco, garlic powder, allspice, black pepper and cayenne. Seal the Instant Pot and set to HIGH pressure for 35 minutes. (Now is a good time to prepare the rice)
4. Allow the Instant Pot to release naturally. This should take 20-25 minutes. Uncover and test beans for doneness; they should smash easily when pressed against the side of the pot. If the beans are not quite done, return to high pressure for 3 minutes and repeat natural release process.
5. Stir in salt, scallions and half of the parsley, reserving the rest for garnish. Taste and season with additional salt, Tabasco or creole seasoning.
Recipe Source: Adapted from platings and pairings