Indian Lentil Curry
• 1 cup mixed of any lentils & split peas
• 3 tablespoons mild yellow curry powder*
• ½ teaspoon Turmeric
• Salt to taste (optional)
• 4 cloves garlic*
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 cup of mixed veggies of choice (I used frozen mix of corn, peas, carrots and green beans)
• ½ cup brown rice
1. In one pot bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 cup mixed lentils & split peas.
2. Add spices and chopped up garlic (don’t add the mixed veggies yet). Cook for 50 minutes on a medium flame.
3. In a separate pot, bring 1 and ¼ cups of water to a boil. Add ½ cup of brown rice. Cook the rice until water is absorbed on a medium flame. Never mix rice during cooking.
4. Add the frozen veggies to the lentils and peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the the frozen veggies are equally hot as the lentils and peas.
5. *Use mild curry powder and garlic to taste.
Recipe Source: Candid chef and forks over knives