Hearty Sauce For Lasagna Or Pasta
• 1/2 Large onion, chopped
• 1/2 Large bell pepper, chopped
• 1 Small zucchini, chopped
• 1 - 8oz pkg White or other mushrooms
• 1/2 tsp Sea salt
• 1/2 tsp Black pepper
• 1 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
• 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
• 2 cups Cooked lentils
• 2 cups Packed arugula or other sturdy green
• 1 Large jarred marinara sauce, I like Trader Giotto’s organic tomato basil
1. Chop all vegetables as small as you can and add them to a large deep skillet with two tablespoons of water.
Sauté on medium heat until tender. Add water as needed to prevent sticking. Add spices and continue sautéing.
2. When veggies are tender add lentils, greens and sauce. Continue cooking until greens are wilted and sauce is hot.
3. Taste and adjust seasonings.
4. Serve in lasagna or over pasta.
I add about one and a quarter jars of marinara depending on how it looks. I like it really saucy. Also, I add spices to each step that way it is usually good at the end with no need to adjust.
Recipe Source: Me