Double Chocolate Walnut brownies
Sure wish I could save some of these long enough to take a picture. They are GREAT! Look for my knock-off version of blondies coming soon! I use the food processor with the "S" blade to make this entire recipe. You can stir if you don't have a processor. Just buy quick oats instead of rolled. Also, if you don't have a 9 1/2 x 13 rimmed sheet pan just use a similar pan or dish. The baking time is really to dry them out so lower the temp to 300 or 325 and cook a little longer if necessary.
3 cups canned Black Beans, rinsed and drained well
• 1 1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
• 4 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
• 1 Pinch Pure stevia extract powder
• 1/2 cup Apple sauce
• 4 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 cup Vegan dark chocolate chips
• 1 cup Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a half-sheet jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Or similar pan or shallow baking dish.
3. Rinse and drain beans. Set aside to drain more.
4. Place oats in a food processor with the “s” blade and process on high for 30+ seconds until they are well chopped but not flour.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips and walnuts. Process on high for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and bottom of processor and blend again on high for 30 seconds.
6. Add walnuts and pulse a few times to chop slightly.
7. Add chocolate chips and pulse 1 time.
8. Remove the blade and give the contents another stir with a spatula. Spread mix into pan.
Bake for 15 min. Let cool for 15 min. If brownies are still too gooey refrigerate overnight. They will firm up.
9. Optional: sprinkle top with extra chocolate chips for garnish.
Recipe Source: Kristi Whitley