Meatout Mondays Recipe of the Week: Happy New Year! Start off 2012 right with a warm, satisfying bowl of soup. This naturally flavorful soup is chock-full of nutritious vegetables to energize and reinvigorate your body. The more spinach and kale you add, the better the cleansing results will be.
1 large onion, chopped small
1 clove garlic, minced
2 turnips or 1 sweet potato, peeled & chopped small
4 cups vegetable stock (from 1 vegetable stock cube
1" piece of ginger, minced
2 large zucchinis, chopped small
2 cups minced curly kale
large handful of spinach, coarsely chopped
juice of 1 lemon
fresh chopped parsley, flax oil & black pepper (for garnish)
1. Saute onion and garlic in sauce pan with a little water for a few minutes.
2. Add turnip or sweet potato and saute until they just begin to soften.
3. Stir in stock and ginger and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add zucchini and kale and cook over medium-low heat for half an hour, covered.
5. At the end, stir in spinach and lemon juice, letting spinach wilt.
6. Puree half the soup in a blender or using hand blender and serve with drizzle of flax oil and generous scatter of parsley and fresh pepper.
Find this recipe at http://franlife.blogspot.com/2008/01/recipe-detox-soup.html