• 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour or powder
• 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
• 3/4 cup hazelnut meal
• 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup vegan mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
• 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
• 2 tablespoons coconut butter, softened
• 1 tablespoon chia or ground flax seeds plus 3 tablespoons warm water
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
• 3 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1/2 tablespoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients excluding the chocolate chips and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients and beat until smooth. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, beating until well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and any add-ins until evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
4. Drop cookies by the spoonful, approximately 1 tablespoon or less, on a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
5. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: One green planet