Chunky Monkey Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
From Simply Quinoa
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 medium banana, mashed (+ slices for topping, optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flaxseed meal and water, and set aside.
3. Beat together peanut butter, syrup, banana and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flax egg and mix to combine.
4. Pour in oats, quinoa flakes, baking powder, spices and salt to the bowl and stir together. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, dates and chia seeds.
5. Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet and repeat until no dough remains.
6. Bake cookies on center rack for 15 - 18 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
7. Enjoy at room temp or slightly reheated in a microwave.