Asian Quinoa Slaw
This is a super yummy slaw. It makes a ton! So use it to feed a crowd.
1 head napa cabbage
1 small jicama
3 large carrots, crated
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons ground ginger
Chili peppers to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon)
1. Start by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside and prepare the slaw.
2. Rinse cabbage and remove any exterior leaves that have wilted or gone limp. Thinly slice the head of the cabbage and place contents in a large mixing bowl.
3. Cut both ends off jicama so it can stand flat on cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the exterior of the jicama off, exposing just the interior flesh. Slice in half, placing the flat side down and slicing it into 1/4" strips. Then cut each strip into matchsticks. Place in bowl along with cabbage.
4. Add carrots, remaining ingredients, and pour dressing over top. Toss until everything is coated evenly.
5. Chill in refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours.
6. For best results, enjoy same day, but will keep overnight.